Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Slide Show - Bright Angel Trail, Grand Canyon


Bright Angel Trail

Our first view of The Grand Canyon was fairly quick as we planned to do our hike to the 3-mile rest hut on the Bright Angel Trail. If we had gotten to the park sooner, we could have planned on the 4.5 mile hike...but we had a long ride the day before and got to bed fairly late. Another day, another time. These photos were taken at Mather Point initially and then during our hike down and back up the Canyon. I have many photos of Richard on the trail...and it is kind of interesting to look at his 'gait' on the way down...and then on the way up...and then after the rain. There was a sign at the rest hut which read, "Coming down is voluntary, Going up is mandatory!" I liked that...and completely forgot to take a picture of it!!

The photos before the rain were taken with my 18-135 lens, on the way up, prior to the rain, I had on the wide angle. After the rain, I put the SLR away and used my point & shoot...not bad actually. I hope you like rocks because if you do, you will love this slideshow!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures. Jeffery the squirrel is cute.
    I loved the last picture of you and Richards shoes....great ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are just incredible! Loved all the "Jefferys"! The photo you took while it was raining and hailing (from the hut?) was fabulous - just about black and white, very moody! Loved it. The trail didn't look too bad....maybe a quarter of a mile down and up would be a good start for an out of shape novice!

    ReplyDelete