Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Slide Show - Las Vegas


Las Vegas

This was my first trip to Las Vegas and, of course, it was Richard's first also. We mostly walked around, taking in the sights, drinking water, and listening to the quickly familiar sounds of slot machines, bells and whistles. There were street musicians (I guess you could call them that), pan handlers, characters and side shows. The night lights were great to see and thankfully, it was also a bit cooler then. We didn't really plan to do anything special here although we did get a chance to ride the roller coaster in New York New York, went to the M&M store and had dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe. Our stay at the Excalibur was interesting; it is a cool hotel but in need of a facelift (and a bit of maintenance). We learned our way around on the last day...it is a very large hotel. The pool was okay but 1/2 was roped off, the part with the water slide; bummer! We actually drove most of Las Vegas Blvd, from the new to the old and back again. Crazy busy place, lots of people and very loud, quite different from the peaceful, serene national parks we just spent 5 days in. But I'm glad our flights put us into Las Vegas, it is an interesting city. If I go again, I would like to see a show or two and visit some of the bigger hotels...but, that's for another day. For now, Richard and I had a new experience and a lot of fun.

Well, this is my last post for this blog, promise. I think I covered what we did and where we went pretty well. I enjoy spending time with both of my grandsons so taking this week and having some one on one time with Richard was very special. I don't know what we'll do on our next adventure, I'll have to put some thought into that. For now I'll relive a great vacation through warm memories...and when memory starts to deceive me, I'll have this blog to reference. 

Thank you for following along and commenting on our journey. It made it all the more special because it could be shared with our friends and family. Until next time...


Susan and Richard

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful adventure for you and Richard. I'm going to miss the updates.
    Again....thank you for taking us along. I can't wait till next time.

    ReplyDelete