Monday, August 6, 2012

Slide Show - Mather's Point, South Rim Paved Trail Walk




Mather's Point, South Rim Paved Trail Walk

Since we got up so early on Monday, I told Richard we could sleep in late on Tuesday and get a later start to the Canyon. Since we would be there all day so as to watch the sunset, I thought it worked out well. We began at Mather's Point, the first place everyone goes to see the Grand Canyon on the South Side. We took the shuttle to the paved trail to walk the rim.The South Rim trail can be fairly busy but it wasn't too busy this day. The sunset looked like a lot of people walked the trail but most came in on the shuttle bus about a half-hour prior. The photos of the bikes at the beginning were our attempt to ride along one of the trails near the rim...but the directions weren't so great about where you could and couldn't ride...so ended up taking them back after one hour...but not before my chain slipped. Richard fixed it for me...I was ready to walk it back. The colors prior to the sunset were gorgeous...you can kind of tell by the photos. I'm not much of a sunset/sunrise photographer...but you get the idea with the one I put in. I hope you like these as much as we enjoyed being there.

1 comment: